Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring in Central Park, New York

Note: Every time I write a post about NewYork City, I have Carrie Bradshaw's voice in my head narrating at the start of every episode of Sex and the City. Don't judge me. If you know what I mean, then have fun reading the post with Carrie's voice in your head.

New York City - Ah, spring is finally here. After that snowless winter made more cold by my semi-lifeless love life, spring is finally upon us. The birds are singing, flowers are blooming, skirts are rising, smelly hipsters are wearing tank tops that show off their ribs and unwashed arm pit hair and the gloves have started to come off. Spring truly is prettiest in a city known not just for its dizzying skyscrapers but also for its park. And spring is best served in the mothership of all parks - Central Park. Fun fact: this shiz covers 843 acres of land. I tried to bike around it once and I almost died. Also, I was invited by some stranger to come with him to some secluded bush. I had to decline, of course, since I'm not squirrel nor a rabbit.


Ignoring the pervs hiding in the bushes, Central Park is truly magnificent this time of the year. The cherry blossoms are all abloom and pretty. If you're a photographer, you'll go nuts.
Seriously, how pretty is that?
Even this kid knows what I'm talking about. 

Also, if you've read my post about being a stalker in Grand Central then you know why I love it here. It's the people. People are amazing to me. I think it has something to do with my interest in stories. When I was studying creative writing in college, we were taught to see everything as a story. Every person that walks by you is part of an on-going story. Every child is a cradle of stories waiting to be told. Just look at all these interesting looking people:
Hello lovers. They're obviously having a moment and as a sign of respect I took their picture while their backs were turned. 
Cute little boy playing with a remote control boat.
A boy and his dog. Reminds me of the cartoon I used watch: A Dog of Flanders. I don't want to talk about that right now. Let's just say that that series has scarred me for life.
Okay, so obviously I love taking pictures of kids. Again, don't confuse this with liking kids for something else. I am not Michael Jackson.
After a long day of walking, the traffic and smell of rotting garbage and the cursing Manhattanites will be like a breath of fresh air.
 Oh, I forgot - DUCKS!

All photos Copyright © 2013, The EverywhereMan.

No comments:

Post a Comment