Monday, April 22, 2013

The Amazing Race Double Recap: Germany!

Honestly, I haven't been rooting for any team in this Race since Team Cancer eliminated themselves due to the dad's unfortunate ankle injury. But I still keep watching because I love this race and I know that I will never to compete in one because 1) I'm not American. My visa does not allow me to travel most anywhere without lining up for a Visa and waiting two weeks for approval and 2) I am afraid of heights. I get queasy and sweaty just watching contestants jump off planes from my TV couch.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to recap the episode from 2 weeks ago. Here's a quick summary: a couple of teams made very stupid decisions. Oh, wait, that's true of almost every episode. Anyhow, Joey and Megan decided to walk all the way to the pit stop even if they knew they were behind the group. I was screaming at my laptop screen! This is the most important part of any race - the race to the finish - and you decide to walk?! Of course, they came in last and ALMOST got eliminated. They were lucky because Chuck and Wynona didn't just make stupid life decisions:  they were also lazy. A combination that made them decide to roll the cheese down the snowy hill instead of sledding it down. Uhm, if they give you a sled, use it! In short stories, we are told that once a gun appears, it's supposed to shoot at some point in the story. So use the sled!

Anyway, Chuck and Wynona we're given a 30 minute punishment and we're eliminated when Joey and Megan arrived before the penalty was up.

This week in Germany was a little quieter - but not without its highlights. The remaining teams got to jump down a building. Yep, if I were in this race, this would be the leg where I get eliminated. We also get to see another subtle and discreet product placement* featuring a car that asks you annoying questions before it lets you drive it.

The Detour:  Teams are asked to choose between building a train track or carrying huge, flashing letters to a, uhm, Huge, Flashing Letters Museum. They annoying newly carry the letters easily, go to the roadblock, which I can barely remember (best recap ever!), and finish first. Joey and Megan come in second. Hockey players dropped a letter and chose to do the other detour task. Cowgirl singers come in 3rd, and it's a foot race between the moms and the hockey player. I sort of feel bad for the moms, because they came in last only because they're not as fit or fast as the boys. Lucky for them, it was not an elimination round, and they get to move on to the next leg with a speed bump somewhere along the way.

I may be rooting for Joey and Megan. I like that they do seem to be enjoying the race pretty well. The only reason I'm not rooting for the hockey players is because they're big and strong, and I hate predictability. But I wouldn't mind so much if they win. See you next week, racers!



*as subtle and discreet as Joey's preference in, uhm, humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment