Monday, April 22, 2013

Workout While Traveling: Insanity Workout Video

My body truly, deeply hates Insanity. You've heard the stories before. It's truly one of the most difficult workouts ever. I've never sweated so much in my life. After every workout, I just want to lie down on the floor and at times, even if I wanted to, I could not muster enough energy to stand up. And I'm only two weeks into the program.

Say what you will about Insanity, but I think it's one of the best workout videos out there.  I've been lifting weights and doing various cardio exercises for a long time. But like everyone else, I've come to a point where I get bored and your body is no longer challenged. Thus I stumbled upon Insanity. It's a high-intensity workout video that combines different exercises and moves such as jogging, high kicks, jumping jacks, boxing and yoga moves, and then some.

Shaun T is crazy y'all. One minute you're lifting one leg in a C position to workout your abs. And just as you say to yourself, "Well, this isn't so bad," he tells you to lift both legs. This is what I like about Insanity it takes regular workouts a step farther. It pushes you to try harder, to do more. On a normal workout day, I would do several lifts, look at the treadmill, shrug my shoulders, go "meh," and go for a burger.  But Shaun T is such a good motivator that he can make me workout non stop for 45 minutes. It also helps that you see him and his entire team almost dying of exhaustion. I'm like, "I feel you, man. This butt exercise sucks!" There's also enough variety and rest time to keep you interested and alive.

Insanity is also a good workout if you do a lot of traveling. One of the downsides of traveling is not just the difficulty of finding a gym but also the loss of momentum. Once you go on vacation, so does your mind and body. How many times had I gone on vacation and told myself, "I'll work out when I get back. I'm on vacation anyway. Now, where's the ice cream?"

Insanity on the other hand has a set schedule and goal. You can't just skip a day. The great thing is, as long as there's space for a push up and your laptop, then you're good to go. 

I'm not sure if I'll finally have abs after 60 days, but I know that I'll be atleast healthier. Still, my body kinda hates you, Mr. Insanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment